ADSM-L

Re: Max number of TSM Clients

2003-11-28 17:02:14
Subject: Re: Max number of TSM Clients
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 23:01:43 +0100
On Friday, Nov 28, 2003, at 13:34 Europe/Amsterdam, Nicolas Savva wrote:

Hi all

I am using TSM Server 5.1.5 under windows2000 platform.

What is the recommended max number of TSM clients that i can register
on my
TSM Server?

I don't think TSM has any limits on the number of clients you can
register, so technically, the answer is unlimitted.

Practically, you'll run into performance limits of your server at some
point, depending on the type and number of cpu's, the disks, the
network connections, the exact pci bus type, the tape-drives the kind
of data, the changerate of this data and a lot more factors....

Thanks
N.Savva

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams