ADSM-L

Re: ANR9999D TSM Server 4.2.2.2 and Client 5.1.5.15

2003-11-28 12:36:33
Subject: Re: ANR9999D TSM Server 4.2.2.2 and Client 5.1.5.15
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:36:04 -0500
>I've got a problem with an updated client. We updated the Windows NT client
>from version 3.1 to version 5.1.5.15. Our TSM server is running under Z/OS
>and TSM Version 4.2.2.2. ...

Your levels should mean you are generally okay in terms of Unicode.  I don't
see an inherent reason for the ANR9999D.

How the upgrade was performed might be inciting the problem.  A gotcha in
the transition from ADSM to TSM was in directory name changes:

Install directory, Windows              ADSM:  \program files\ibm\adsm
                                        TSM:   \program files\tivoli\tsm

My principal experience is in AIX, and there, if you installed a TSM client
where there was an ADSM client, the install would plant the TSM client
without touching the ADSM client, resulting in co-resident clients and a
lot of confusion with paths and options files, with manually invoked
operations using one and automatically invoked operations possibly using the
other.  I don't know if your 5.1 install may have done something similar,
but if it did, Registry settings could make such a situation a lot worse with
Windows than with AIX.  A more Windows person may have fuller advice; but I
would preserve the client options files, uninstall the 5.1 then the 3.1
clients, and reinstall the 5.1 client, if you find both present.

   Richard Sims, BU