ADSM-L

Re: encryption: 56 to 128

2003-11-27 13:10:31
Subject: Re: encryption: 56 to 128
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:10:13 -0500
>You have to remember that we are backing up data off-site over the
>Internet and encryption becomes big issue for us.

Customers who ask about the number of bits of encryption should be savvy
enough to realize that it should not be up to applications alone to provide
security/encryption: network oriented solutions are more appropriate.
You may want to look into VPN as a more general solution, which is fully
flexible in providing security for all kinds of traffic going through
the virtual pipe.

   Richard Sims, BU