ADSM-L

Problem with SDLT 220 Quantum drives with TSM

2003-11-26 10:11:14
Subject: Problem with SDLT 220 Quantum drives with TSM
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:09:38 -0500
Hi Everyone,

        I need some help.  I have a ITSM server:

ITSM 5.2.1.3 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4
SCSI card is an Adaptec SCISI Card 29160 Ultra160 (driver is Adaptec's
from 14/05/2002)
Library is a Qualstar 6430 (Revision 2.17 from 20/05/2002)
3 Drives are Quantum SDTL 220 (Revision 2D2D)

I have disabled the drives and the changer in Device Manager.  I also have
RSM service disabled.
I have installed the TSM Device Driver and configured the drives in ITSM
I can use the drives correctly for about 60-90 GB of transfer.  At that
point the drives becomes unvailable in ITSM, but I have no errors on the
library LED.
If I put the drive back online or restart the ITSM server it will work
again for 60-90 GB and then fail again.  All three drives are doing the
same thing.

Anyone seen this before or has any suggestions?

I am currently trying to get the firmware of the drives updated...

Thanks for any and all help,

Etienne Brodeur