ADSM-L

Re: TSM5.1 command line and JAVA

2003-11-26 04:48:15
Subject: Re: TSM5.1 command line and JAVA
From: David Stubblefield <dstubblefield AT RAGINGNET DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 01:47:47 -0800
Issue resolved Dmitri's suggestion worked, I have included the steps I
took below.  Thanks to all who replied for your time and consideration,
it is greatly appreciated.

1.  Obtained and installed msjavx86.exe from following list of
locations.
        # http://www.saigoninfo.com/msjavx86.exe
        # http://downloads.downseek.com/18598/msjavx86.exe
        # ftp://sqr.myftp.biz/XP/XP Service Packs/msjavx86.exe
        # http://visiteinteractive.free.fr/VM_java/msjavx86.exe
        # http://www.onlinemg.com/download/msjavx86.exe
        # http://www.bunden.dk/download/msjavx86.exe
        #
https://www.alibre.com/alibrelibraries/ftp/JavaVM/9xNT4/msjavx86.exe

2.  I then installed the windows update for the JVM to get build 3810.
Actually I followed the instructions in this posting to obtain a
redistributable version of the windows update.  This way I have all I
need for any other workstations without any further reliance on MS.
http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/ntbugtraq/2002/09/msg00028.html

3.  Finally, since I already had Sun's Java installed I adjusted IE
settings as follows:
        Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
        Under Java (SUN) de-selected use java 2 v1.4.2_01 for <applet>
        Under Microsoft VM selected Java console enabled, Java logging,
& JIT compiler for VM.

That did the trick.

Regards,
David Stubblefield