ADSM-L

Re: 2 fibre interfaces per drive

2003-11-18 15:57:06
Subject: Re: 2 fibre interfaces per drive
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:56:34 -0500
A San Data Gateway is a device that converts SCSI protocols to fibre
protocols.

For example, if you have SCSI LTO1 tape drives in your 3583, and you want to
connect them to your SAN, they gotta go through the gateway to get to a SAN
switch.

So if your devices are fibre already, the SGD isn't involved.

(Maybe that helps, maybe not...)