ADSM-L

2 fibre interfaces per drive

2003-11-17 13:49:01
Subject: 2 fibre interfaces per drive
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:48:37 -0500
Hi everyone!

We are in the process of formulating an AIX environment instead of our
current MVS TSM environment.  We would have 2 TSM servers (one being the
library manager) with 2 directors, 8 lan-free clients and 24 tape drives,
which we hope to share between the 2 TSM servers.  We would like to have 2
fibre interfaces per drive in order to eliminate a single point of failure.
My question is, how does TSM know which path it is using to the drive and
how does it know that one of the paths to an individual drive is already in
use?  Is there software out there to manage this or is it done through the
hardware configuration?  If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate
it!  Thanks!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems