ADSM-L

Re: SHRDYNAMIC vs DYNAMIC

2003-11-14 13:27:30
Subject: Re: SHRDYNAMIC vs DYNAMIC
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:28:49 -0700
Bill,

You wonn't see any storage pool volume difference between DYNAMIC and
SHRDYNAMIC.  You will likely see a difference in the number of bytes
transferred because we're going to transfer the same wortheless data across
the network 4 times instead of once.

I say worthless because the data is changing and you're not likely to be
able to get a restore that will work.  What kind of database is this, and
have you tried to restore it and bring up the application?

I've only found one database in my many installs where I could safely use
DYNAMIC or SHRDYNAMIC.

Bill Smoldt
STORServer, Inc.