ADSM-L

Re: Urgent! Need help to get space in TSM-library

2003-11-13 07:55:58
Subject: Re: Urgent! Need help to get space in TSM-library
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 05:57:13 -0700
Frank,

Presumably, you're first server is writing virtual volumes to the second
server rather than directly to the library?  Or is the second library a
shared library?  Presumably, you need to free space on the virtual volumes,
not data that was written to the second server?  I hope you see why it is
difficult to answer your question because you left out too many details
which could radically alter the answer.

If you're trying to free space in the virtual volumes that the first server
wrote on the second server, you will have to run reclamation on the virtual
volume storage pool on the first server.

You should also have had to run reclamation on your first server in order to
gain free space, but you said you only ran expiration.

What is virtual volume size on the  second server?

Bill Smoldt
STORServer