ADSM-L

Re: Is HSM supported on Windows

2003-11-12 11:24:28
Subject: Re: Is HSM supported on Windows
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:24:03 -0500
There is a third-party product that provides the Windows HSM support, so it
isn't in the IBM manual.

It's Diskextender.
Invented by OTG, bought by Legato, bought by EMC (sigh).

But still available and supported.  It is a special build of OTG that
installs with the TSM client on Windows.

At our local User Group meeting, the one person who was using it, liked it.

If you search the archives of the list, you will find some pros and cons.

- Go to: search.adsm.org
-search the 2003 archives with the keyword OTG.