ADSM-L

Re: V5.1.8.0 server on z/OS

2003-11-12 02:13:52
Subject: Re: V5.1.8.0 server on z/OS
From: "Stumpf, Joachim" <joachim.stumpf AT DATEV DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:13:34 +0100
Hi,

at the moment we are migrating from 5.1.6.3 to 5.2.1.1 on z/OS (But we are not
migrating to 5.1.8 first).
After upgradedb of the first server we had a huge problem with the performance
and IBM told us to ZAP our DSMSERV module in the linklib (APAR PQ80211).
Now everything works fine and I can upgrade the rest of our TSM-Servers ;-)

regards
Joachim Stumpf

------------- Original-Nachricht folgt -------------

I was planning to upgrade my z/OS server to 5.1.7 when 5.1.8 came out (I
want to go to 5.2.x but need to figure out what I need to do to get the
tapes since the ftp site only seems to include patches to 5.2.x).

I have installed this upgrade to my test server and so far so good !

Anyone performed this update, already ?

Any problems jumping from 5.1.6.4 to 5.1.8.0 ? (yes, I realize an
UPGRADEDB is required !) ?  When I upgraded my test server, I jumped from
5.1.6.4 to 5.1.7.0 and then to 5.1.8.0.