ADSM-L

Re: Server-Server DRM Configuration ...

2003-11-11 10:40:25
Subject: Re: Server-Server DRM Configuration ...
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:39:08 +0100
Hi Khalid

You and you're consultant are talking about the same procedure....

To backup your primary site to the second site, you'll need to use
server-to-server virtual volumes(if you cant get a FC connection to your
library on your secondary site). You then define a devclass and a copypool
based on that devclass. After that, you'll just have to start the process
of backup stgpool primarypool copypool.

I cant see any other way of backing up the two servers to eachother rather
than using server-to-server communication. This method is also called
"Electronic Vaulting" and is a part of TSM Disaster Recovery Manager. You
cannot use any form of TSM backup/archive client procedure to backup the
server data, as the client wont have access to the information stored on
your tapes.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"Khan, Khalid B." <kkhan AT ATCLLC DOT COM>
2003-11-11 16:16