ADSM-L

Re: [tsm] Summarizing use by unix group?

2003-11-10 15:10:39
Subject: Re: [tsm] Summarizing use by unix group?
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:09:53 -0500
Our chargeback logic goes down to the filespace level;
most customers we've spoken to want to have chargeback by application,
rather than by unix group.
They can say "application X is made up of filespaces A,B, and C", so that's
how we've been working it.
Would this work for you?

Also be aware that TSRM, and most SRM products, show you only what's on the
client's local disk; they don't show you what's in TSM storage.
Also, the idea of using unix groups for chargeback would break when you're
backing up windows boxes, right?

Appreciate your thoughts, Patrick (and everyone).
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Lead Architect
www.servergraph.com
512-482-6138 ext 105