ADSM-L

Re: Automatic script start at server startup?

2003-11-09 21:31:44
Subject: Re: Automatic script start at server startup?
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:29:46 +1000
There's nothing automatic that I know of.

But, how about a schedule that runs every hour and checks the restart_time in
the status table e.g.

select restart_date from status where current timestamp - restart_date < 1 hour
if (rc_ok) run somescriptname

HTH

Steve

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Queensland Health

>>> jhowell_tsm AT YAHOO DOT COM 10/11/2003 12:05:05 >>>
Is it possible to have a TSM script kick off automatically when the server
starts?  I've got a situation where I'm running a 'copy stgpool' operation when
my system gets IPL'ed (that's "reboot" to you Windows types...:)  and I want
the operation to be started up again without having to resort to telling the
operators to key the command in.  I know I can use external automation to do it
but was wondering if there is a way to do it within TSM?

Joe Howell
Shelter Insurance Companies
Columbia, MO

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the
sole use of the intended recipients(s).  This confidentiality is not waived or
lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is
transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this
email is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality
if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipients(s), or if you have received this e-mail
in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by
return e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail message and destroy any hard
copies produced.