ADSM-L

Re: Configuring Second TSM Server (to Share Library)

2003-11-07 18:31:38
Subject: Re: Configuring Second TSM Server (to Share Library)
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:30:48 -0500
If you cannot connect the 2nd Unix server to the L25 and it's drives, then
you can setup the 2nd server to use "virtual volumes" on the first
server.  Refer to the TSM Administrator's Guide, Part 4, for information on
how to do this.

If your first server has excess capacity, you could just route the
workstation backups to it, or define a 2nd TSM server image on it
(answering at a different port number).  There is documentation for this in
the Quick Start guide.

..Paul