ADSM-L

Veritas Volume Mgr./TSM

2003-11-06 08:52:44
Subject: Veritas Volume Mgr./TSM
From: Brenda Collins <brenda.collins AT US.ING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:32:33 -0600
Has anyone been successful in setting up Veritas to control the disk for
your TSM server?  This is the second time we have tried it now and it
totally degrades performance on our backups.  The last time we tried, we
assumed it was the size of our disk volumes because they were extremely
large.    We just tried it again last night with 42 GB volumes.  Now I am
sitting here with our backups still running and the users are not happy!

Environment:  Solaris 8, Sunfire 880, TSM Server 5.1.7.3, clients - various
levels of ver. 5,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brenda Collins,
ING - Americas Infrastructure Services