ADSM-L

Re: Data Protection Agent for Notes

2003-11-05 20:17:15
Subject: Re: Data Protection Agent for Notes
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 20:16:43 -0500
Gerald,

There was an old client called ADSMConnect Agent for Lotus Notes.
That worked at the item level, and was only supported on Notes 4.

Lotus introduced a backup API starting with Domino 5.
Data Protection for Lotus Domino supports Domino 5 and Domino 6.
The history of the releases looks like this:

   1.1.0     9/1999
   1.1.1     4/2000
   1.1.2    10/2001

   5.1.5    10/2002  - version realigned with client and server
   5.2.0     7/2003  - This was OS/400 only

   (There were a few fixtest levels in there as well.)

You can restore a backup made with any prior version.
So... if you took a backup with 1.1.0, you can restore it
with any version at that level or older.

Thanks,

Del