ADSM-L

Node names for TDPO

2003-11-05 11:52:35
Subject: Node names for TDPO
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:51:40 -0500
We have Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle running on two systems. In each
case we have defined a separate node name for TDP as the documentation
recommends. We are currently backing up one Oracle instance on each system
but are getting ready to extend TDP coverage to additional instances.
Our Database Administrators report that they are getting conflicting
advice from Tivoli, sometimes being advised to use a separate node name
for each instance, sometimes being advised to use a single node name and
separate filespace names for the Oracle instances on a particular
server, and never being given an explanation of the reasons behind
either recommendation. Have other TDPO sites found it necessary or
desirable to use a separate node name for each instance?