ADSM-L

Two virtual libraries in one physical (IBM3583)

2003-11-05 07:53:29
Subject: Two virtual libraries in one physical (IBM3583)
From: "Tomáš Hrouda Ing." <throuda AT HTD DOT CZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:56:20 +0100
Hi all,

Env: TSM 4.2 on W2K, IBM-3583 library, 2x LTO-1 drives.

Now I am planning migration of all data from one set of LTO-1 media to
another (due to intensive media errors). I will have two new LTO-1 drives
available and new set of media. In TSM v5.2 is possible to define multiple
logical libraries in one physical, if multiple device types and media are
supported in this library. My idea is to do this migration by defining two
logical libraries in one 3583, old drives as first library, new drives as
second library. Our request is don4t use old media in new drives and new
media in old drives.

Question1: Is it possible to use multiple libraries in IBM-3583?
Question2: Will it works if all drives and media are the same type?

Thanks for any suggestion
Tom