ADSM-L

Re: Backup Versioning / Retention Policy Survey

2003-11-03 15:04:09
Subject: Re: Backup Versioning / Retention Policy Survey
From: "French, Michael" <Michael.French AT SAVVIS DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:03:26 -0600
        John's right, there is no industry standard, everyone has to
make their own based on the needs of their environment.  My current
settings are:

        Versions Data Exists: 8
        Versions Data Deleted: 4
        Retain Extra Versions: 180
        Retain Only Version: 180

The last two are way too long, they were completely a marketing decision
made by the company who previously owned the environment.  I am planning
to change this to something more like:

        Versions Data Exists: 7
        Versions Data Deleted: 4
        Retain Extra Versions: 30