ADSM-L

Re: RESET PASSEXP (for a node)?

2003-10-29 17:59:07
Subject: Re: RESET PASSEXP (for a node)?
From: Dmitri Pasyutin <pasd AT MAIL DOT RU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:58:28 +0100
> Did anyone find a way to clear a client node's PASSwordEXPiration time
> (once it's inadvertently set by some admin), so as to re-establish
> the server-wide default value?
>
> A commands like the following doesn't work for me:
>    UPDATE NODE ... PASSEXP=""

You can choose between two things:

reset passexp node=...

This will clear the node-specific password expiration flag, and the
common password expiration period (set using 'set passexp') will take
effect for the node (which is what you want). Or:

update node ... passexp=0

This will mean that the node's password never expires, regardless
of what the global password expiration period is.

>  ((And while on the topic of undocumented [line-mode] commands -
>    does "FLUSH LOG", which I once entered in despair, have any
>    useful purpose? Be careful ... :-())

Very good question, I'd also like to know the answer to that one :-)

Cheers
Dmitri