ADSM-L

TDP for Lotus Domino

2003-10-28 12:45:37
Subject: TDP for Lotus Domino
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:45:04 -0500
Hello everyone!

I'm hoping there are some experts out here on TDP on domino servers.  I am
not very familiar with the TDP portion and how it works with TSM, but here
is my question:  The user's archive their databases, yet there are files
within the databases that have different retention requirements.  What
would be the best way to manage this data?  The easiest way would be to
archive the database under the longest retention period, but then you have
a lot of unneccessary data out on the system that, due to contracts, must
be deleted after a certain period of time.  Is there any way to manage this
data properly?  It was suggested by the user that they could archive the
database for one year, restore it and then choose the management class for
all of the files within the database.  I think that this would be a very
big no no, but at the same time I am not sure what to tell them to do to
manage their data by their wishes.  If anyone has any
suggestions/comments/practices of how to manage a similar infrastructure I
would appreciate any input.  Thanks in advance!!!!!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338