ADSM-L

Re: SV: Query from z/OS-platform to intel-platform

2003-10-24 08:04:07
Subject: Re: SV: Query from z/OS-platform to intel-platform
From: Dan Foster <dsf AT GLOBALCROSSING DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:47:22 +0000
Hot Diggety! Richard Sims was rumored to have written:
> >3. What does the rumor say - when can we expect a real DB2 ;-)
>
> Imagine what the licensing fee for TSM would be then!!   ;-))

Might jack up the price quite a bit... but would likely still be several
orders of magnitude cheaper than licensing Oracle ;) </tongue-in-cheek>

We've got various of the major databases in-house, and the licensing costs
for each is just simply... *amazing*. On some days, I get the distinct
impression we're singlehandedly paying for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison's
private high-performance jet.

-Dan