ADSM-L

Re: Collocation Vs Multiple Storage Pools

2003-10-22 08:38:06
Subject: Re: Collocation Vs Multiple Storage Pools
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:36:17 -0500
From: Ray Baughman [mailto:rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM]
I've got a storage pool which contains data from 5 Nodes, which has
collocation turn on.  What are the pros and cons of running this way as
opposed to having 5 separate storage pools?  I was thinking management
of the pools, but with only five pools this does not seem an issue.
Also by having individual pools, I could easily find the tapes
associated with a node.  Any Ideas?

Let's see:
--ten separate reclamation sessions (five for primary pool, five for
copy pool)
--five different storage pool backups (from primary to copy)
--more administration

Why is it so important to point at a tape and know which node has data
on it?