ADSM-L

Re: Move data

2003-10-20 15:34:36
Subject: Re: Move data
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:32:32 -0700
>        I have used the MOVE DATA without any problems.  Usually it is
>because of a percieved problem with the offsite tape.  But it should work
>for what you want to do.
>        WHy doesn't Reclaimation get this done for you?
>Matt

That is a good question. There are no errors showing in the logs for any of
the tapes. Sometimes when I come in in the morning reclamation is still
running on the offsite pool, yet I still seem to find tapes in a 30% filling
status out there for long periods of time. Is there a better setting for a
reclamin_on script I should use that would better force these to another
tape?

I will surely give it a go and see if this helps. I hate to see so many 40%
and lower filling tapes out there when I could have them here as scratch.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC