ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange Schedule reports failure

2003-10-16 18:09:58
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange Schedule reports failure
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:08:10 -0500
That is because you are running the job as a command and the scheduler is
only starting a command in the background. That starting of the background
job is successfully and is reported to the TSM server as a success. But the
background command may fail and does not report it's status to the TSM
server in the form of the scheduled event.

If you look even further in the activity log you can see that the backup
failure is reported, something like 1 object of 2 backed up.
May even give a RC.

01/23/03 21:56:46     ANE4993E (Session: 1951, Node: exchange_node)  TDP
MSExchg
                       ACN3502 Data Protection for Exchange: full backup of

                       Information Store from server exchange_node failed,
rc = 418.
01/23/03 21:56:47     ANE4991I (Session: 1951, Node: exchange_node)  TDP
MSExchg
                       ACN3516 Data Protection for Exchange: Backup of
server
                       exchnage_node is complete.   Total storage groups
backed up: 1
                        Total bytes transferred: 113258706   Elapsed
processing
                       time: 35.35 Secs   Throughput rate: 3128.74 Kb/Sec

Duane