ADSM-L

Re: TSM Agent for Lotus Notes

2003-10-15 13:34:37
Subject: Re: TSM Agent for Lotus Notes
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:32:46 -0600
Actually I wouldn't say  the  that the Notes API was "awful" or "poorly
written" (although users of that API are of course entitled to their own
opinion). The real problem was that the Notes API wasn't really intended
as a backup API. As a result, while the Notes Agent did function, it was
very slow, especially for large Notes databases. Starting with Domino (if
I remember my history correctly), the Notes developers added function
specifically for backup to the product. Thus we developed a TDP that used
this new API, not the old API.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
10/15/2003 09:52