ADSM-L

DLT and SDLT drives in Storagetek L180 library

2003-10-08 12:53:54
Subject: DLT and SDLT drives in Storagetek L180 library
From: "kurt.beyers AT pandora DOT be" <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:24:27 +0200
Hi,

I'll upgrade a TSM server 4.1.2 to TSM 5.2.1.1 running on Windows 2000 SP2. The
library is a Storagetek L180 with 3 DLT7000 drives. Two DLT7000 drives will be
replaced with SDLT320 drives. I would like to use the remaining DLT7000 drive
to take the daily full TSM  database backup.

Can this be configured in TSM and how must it be done? How do you tell TSM that
the SDLT drives must be used for SDLT tapes and the DLT7000 drive for DLTIV
media? In the storage pool definition, the device class is specified but I
don't retrieve the device classes in the library / drive / path definitions?

The robot arm will be used for both type of drives. Any input how this must be
setup is more then welcome.

best regards,

Kurt Beyers