ADSM-L

TAPE MOUNT summary records

2003-10-03 12:56:33
Subject: TAPE MOUNT summary records
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:57:01 -0400
Is there any way to associate a tape mount with what needed the tape
mounted? Like if a migration task starts, can I identify that with the tape
mount entry? And also about backup sessions going direct to tape? I'm trying
to graph my tape drive usage over the nightly backup window so I can try to
schedule some backup storagpool tasks to start creating my copypool. The
vault courier gets here early and I want to make sure that I have it all
done. I can see that my drives were used, but by what? I'm writing a routine
in Perl to produce the plot and would like to include some reasons for the
tape mount along with the plot.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??