ADSM-L

Novell to NT data migration

2003-10-01 09:29:54
Subject: Novell to NT data migration
From: Bernard Rosenbloom <brosenbl AT OPTONLINE DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:26:54 -0400
We use TSM v5 to back up Novell netware5 file servers and TSM v5/4.2 to
back up Novell netware 4 file servers.
We want to restore the data (using TSM) to Windows 2000 file servers..
We won't be restoring applications,O/S or executables from Novell to
windows only folders and files.
Restoring file permissions is not mandatory but would be nice.
I'm familiar with restoring files saved on one client to another client
but it's always been the same hardware platform.
Anyone have experience restoring novell files to W2K servers? Any
gotchas? pre requisites etc.?

Thanks
Bernard Rosenbloom