ADSM-L

SAP User Exits

2003-09-26 17:25:06
Subject: SAP User Exits
From: Shawn Price <sprice AT MORRISONHOMES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:24:48 -0400
Hello all, I have a question regarding Lan_free and db2 user exits. We are
currently running in an AIX environment (5.1 on the TSM server and 4.33 on
the clients) with SAP on DB2. Last week we implemented lan-free backups on
one of our production servers and had great results with backup times.
However, the new user exit that was compiled for lan-free to work broke the
ability for our db2 logs to roll from the log_dir to the log_archive
filesystems. Once we replaced the old user exit the movment of logs
returned, but of course no lan-free backup. Now we have a guy here with a
decent working knowledge of C and he has agreed to try to recompile a new
user exit with all the stuff we need to make both processes work. But after
about 3 days of 'working' with IBM, Tivoli, SAP and a couple of other
consultants, no one can come up with a proper user exit that will work for
us. Has anyone else had this problem? I really can't see why this should be
so hard.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shawn