ADSM-L

Re: Old Version ADSM Database problem

2003-09-26 11:02:34
Subject: Re: Old Version ADSM Database problem
From: Allen Barth <allen.barth AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:58:50 -0500
Stuart-

Didn't see an answer to your question posted on the list.   If there was,
my apologies.

Yes, just delete the db disk vol which contains the error.  The mirrored
dbvol will become the primary.  You can then OS delete the old db.vol file
and then run a DSMFMT to create/format it again.   Then just add it back
as a DBC volume and it will begin to resync.   If you have naming
conventions like I do (db.volx  versus dbm.volx) just go through the
process a second time after the first resync completes and you'll be back
to your original config.

That said, I'd first make sure there were no hardware errors which caused
the situation to begin with.

Regards,
Al

"Ward, Stuart" <Wards AT BMCMASK DOT COM>
09/24/03 04:14 PM