ADSM-L

Re: TSM Scheduler service terminated unexpectedly

2003-09-26 09:14:37
Subject: Re: TSM Scheduler service terminated unexpectedly
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:14:07 -0400
I started getting this on a W2k server, too, running a 5.1.5.0 client. The
server had been successfully backing up since June and the scheduler was
still working, just didn't work for backups. I could still run ACT=COMMAND
scheduled through it. The GUI and command line would similarly fail when
trying to do a backup. I ended up just upgrading to a 5.1.6.7 client version
and it's working fine now. But then it was working fine before, too! :-)

The "owner" of the box said that a new application was installed right
before the problems started. I thought that a common DLL or something was
overlayed. We tried uninstalling the TSM services and re-instlaling
them...reboots... nothing worked until I upgraded.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.