ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2 on AIX 5.2

2003-09-26 08:50:35
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2 on AIX 5.2
From: dmalbrough <dmalbrough AT GIGA-STOR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:50:48 +0000
Brian,

We have a similiar setup but not quite your levels, that I just implemented
here, running TSM 5.2.0.1, AIX 5.1 32-bit to an STK 9310 with (12) 9940B drives
and ACSLS 6.1.0. I have seen some strange things while checking in alot tapes
and trying to cancel processes, but other than that other have recommended
using EDT-Distributape by Gresham to ease the administration of STK and TSM, so
it will act as a middle man for TSM to take over control from ACSLS. In regards
to Asynchronous I/O, what database(s) are you guys planning on backing up to
your TSM server?

Regards,

Demetrius Malbrough