ADSM-L

Journal

2003-09-25 09:29:01
Subject: Journal
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:28:31 -0400
>>> The TSMJournaleService is installed and now we get a lot of messages
in the
>>> Application Event Log of that Client : Error : 4099  - Unable to
journal
>>> object 'D:\.......' : Access Error 32
>>> SYSTEM has all rights on those files and directories.

This return code indicates the journal service is unable open the drive
for monitoring because it is
locked by another process (rc 32 is a sharing violation).

The drive is opened for "list access" which is about the lowest level
access that can be requted
so I'm not sure why this would happen.

What level of the journal service are you running ?

Pete Tanenhaus
Tivoli Storage Solutions Software Development
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"

---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 09/25/2003
09:20 AM ---------------------------
We want to start with Journal-Based Backup on some of our W2K-Servers (3.5
Million Files).
TSM-Client : V 5.1.5.1

The TSMJournaleService is installed and now we get a lot of messages in
the
Application Event Log of that Client : Error : 4099  - Unable to journal
object 'D:\.......' : Access Error 32
SYSTEM has all rights on those files and directories.

Has anybody had this problem and can help ?

Chr. Pilgram

Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co.KG