ADSM-L

Deleting a copypool

2003-09-23 15:36:10
Subject: Deleting a copypool
From: admin AT CF2TREE DOT COM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:21:25 -0700
Hi,

I created a copypool a month ago so I could copy a set of tapes to be stored
offsite.  Now, I no longer need those tapes. Reading the help manual, I first
deleted each tape with 'DISCARDDATA=YES' option. Every tape was successfully
deleted. I then proceeded to delete the copy pool. However, TSM refused to
remove the pool, saying it still containing tapes. Can someone help me to get
those tapes out of this copypool?  The access of those tapes are all
marked 'OFFSITE' in within this pool right now.

My TSM server version is 5.1.6.2 running on AIX 5.1

TIA