ADSM-L

destroyed a lot of copypool volumes

2003-09-23 12:44:04
Subject: destroyed a lot of copypool volumes
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:43:17 +0200
Hi all,

I have a small test-server that uses copy volumes on our production server,
using server-to-server volumes.

Now, for some reason the tapes that contained the data were destroyed, so
the copypool volumes were 'lost'. Now I have a lot of volumes that are
really destroyed, and should be recreated by the next backup stg. I've
managed to mark these volumes as unavailable on the test-server using
reconsile volumes, but this test server still thinks the volumes excist, and
wordse that the data is still valid, which is obviously not true. Now, my
question is, is there a short way, other than 'delete volume x
discarddata=y' for these 40 something volumes to tell my testserver that
they are really gone?

The test-server is at 5.2.0.1 on AIX.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams