ADSM-L

Re: Server down....ans1865e (urgent)

2003-09-23 08:58:07
Subject: Re: Server down....ans1865e (urgent)
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:57:45 -0400
>    Server is 4.1.2 soon to be upgraded, WIN 2000. This morning I came
>in and saw it was unresponsive. I restarted the service but to no avail.
>Rebooted the server but still I am not able to connect to the server.
>Neither command line nor gui nor web interface is working. I get the
>following error:   ANS1865E session rejected: Named pipes connection
>failure.
>    The dsmserv.opt and dsm.opt file have not been changed since over
>a year. I am at a loss how to diagnose this problem.
>Any and all help is much appreciated.

The obvious thing to check is that the file system object identified by the
client NAMedpipename still exists, and is the same as expected by the server.
I would not proceed with Named Pipes until you resolved what happened to the
object.  (A "helpful" overnite elf?)

Named Pipes are just one client-server communication choice: you could switch to
another method, like TCP/IP.

   Richard Sims, BU