ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli Storage Manager Performance Fundamentals workshop in Amsterdam (NL)

2003-09-18 20:21:47
Subject: Re: Tivoli Storage Manager Performance Fundamentals workshop in Amsterdam (NL)
From: Mark Blunden <mark AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:21:21 +1000
Zong has recently delivered this class here in Australia. It is very good
if you are interested in performance hints and tips.
He is very honest, and will tell you exactly what happens in real life.

regards,
Mark

                      "Anthonijsz,
                      Marcel M                  To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      SITI-ITDGE13"             cc:
                      <Marcel.Anthonijsz        Subject:  Tivoli Storage
Manager Performance Fundamentals workshop in Amsterdam
                      @SHELL.COM>                (NL)
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor Manager"
                      <[email protected].

                      16/09/2003 07:30
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

To all [AD|T]SM'ers in the Netherlands,

Just to inform you that Zong Ling from the TSM Lab (I personally have never
heard of him) will give a 2-days TSM performance workshop in Amsterdam. I
have heard from IBM Education NL that they have not yet sufficient
customers to give this workshop, so I send this notification to "inform"
you all...

I have enrolled for this course and of course want to attend it... 2
enrollments are needed... I'll buy cakes!

http://www-5.ibm.com/services/learning/nl/ta-iris.nsf/(ExtCourseNr)/TM59

Tivoli Storage Manager Performance Fundamentals (TM59)

This course is designed to provide high-level, in-depth training on the
performance of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) Enterprise Edition beyond
the TSM Administration and Implementation classes. You will develop the
skills to use TSM trace functions on identifying performance bottlenecks.
You will learn the recommended values for the more critical TSM performance
tuning parameters. You will also learn to configure the Storage Area
Network (SAN) for TSM performance and availability. You will be shown the
performance benchmarks of Tivoli Storage Manager and Tivoli Data Protection
(TDP). You will be introduced to the enhancements for TSM 5.1.0, 5.1.5, and
5.2.0. You will also be advised to size TSM system for customized design.
The concepts discussed in lecture will be reinforced with the optional
hands-on labs.

And no I don't work for IBM... (but I do have some IBM stock ;-)

Marcel Anthonijsz
Central Data Storage Manager (a.k.a. storman)
Shell Information Technology International B.V.
PO Box 1027, 2260 BA  Leidschendam, The Netherlands

Tel: +31-70 303 4984
Email: Marcel.Anthonijsz AT shell DOT com
Internet: http://www.shell.com