ADSM-L

LTO1 and LTO2 drives in 3584 with TSM 5.2

2003-09-17 12:44:34
Subject: LTO1 and LTO2 drives in 3584 with TSM 5.2
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:43:32 -0500
I know that this is supported in 5.2 without having to logically partition
the library but still not sure on the details.

Does this mean that the LTO1 and LTO2 drives would have to be defined to
different storage pools (different device class, different scratch pool
,,,)?  If we were to only use LTO1 media with a mixture of LTO1 and LTO2
drives in the same library could one storage pool use both drive types?

Thanks,

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg