ADSM-L

Suppress header and footer lines of select statements

2003-09-17 00:56:15
Subject: Suppress header and footer lines of select statements
From: Bernd Schemmer <Bernd.Schemmer AT GMX DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:11:31 +0100
Hi,

thanks to all that replied to my question regarding compression - the
cause of the problem was the double-compression by TSM and the drive.

Now I've another question:

I'm writing some scripts using dsmadmc with the select command to
retrieve data from the TSM database. At this time I've to use various
grep commands to remove the headers and footers from the dsmadmc output.

Is it possible to suppress those headers & footers and get only the data
returned by the select command?

I did not find an option for this in the manuals.

Thanks again

Bernd