ADSM-L

Problem after upgrade TSMclientV5.2.0 on Solaris 2.6/2.8

2003-09-10 14:43:55
Subject: Problem after upgrade TSMclientV5.2.0 on Solaris 2.6/2.8
From: "Wholey, Joseph (IDS DM&DS)" <joseph_wholey AT ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:41:20 -0400
Currently in the process of upgrading from TSM client v4.2.1 to TSM client
v5.2.0 on Sun 2.6 and Sun 2.8.

Although the backup schedules appear to be running without incident, (i.e. no
error messages and nothing odd in the dsmsched.log or dsmerror.log) if I log
into the client and issue dsmc q fi, the last
incremental date is the date in which we upgraded to TSMv5.2.0.  Scheduled
backups have, however, successfully executed since then.
I did some further testing.  I created a new file on /, and ran "dsmc incr".
The new file does not get backed up.  However, if I run "dsmc incr /, the file
does get backed up.  Can anyone shed any
light on this.  Help would be greatly appreciated as I've rolled this out to
production servers and can not afford to go much longer without knowing my
backups are valid.  thx