ADSM-L

How have you got your fiber-attached LTO drives connected to your TSM server?

2003-09-10 12:39:56
Subject: How have you got your fiber-attached LTO drives connected to your TSM server?
From: Tom Kauffman <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:39:29 -0500
I will be going fiber-attach next year and will have two adapters in my TSM
server.

Do I put a fiber switch in the tape library (3584), tie all the drives to
it, and run two fibers back to the TSM server?

Do I run seperate fibers for all the drives back to my existing switches?

Do I put a pair of fiber hubs in somewhere, and hook half the drives to each
hub?

Ah, yes, it's that wonderful time of year when the leaves start to turn --
and the next year's budget projections are due :-)

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail and any attachments are for the exclusive
and confidential use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this
message. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by
return e-mail and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your
computer system. We do not waive attorney-client or work product privilege by
the transmission of this message.