ADSM-L

Installation of TSM Server 5.1.6.5

2003-09-10 09:19:13
Subject: Installation of TSM Server 5.1.6.5
From: Sascha Braeuning <Sascha.Braeuning AT SPARKASSEN-INFORMATIK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:03:06 +0200
Hello TSMers,

I've got a big problem with the installation of a TSM Server 5.1.6.5 on
Windows NT Server 4.0 SP6. When I run the silent installation (described by
IBM in Quick Start) and I install the server, following Application want's
to have a restart:
Active Directory Services Interface 2.5

When I click no (no restart), installation goes on but: we want to build an
automatic package for installing TSM Server. Is there any way to suppress
the Messagebox of ADSI?

For Information: We use Microsofts Software Management System to distribute
our Software.

Other Question: Which component needs the ADSI? Is it the Microsoft
Management Console?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sascha Bräuning
DB/DC C/S-Systeme/Überwachungsverfahren FE/KA

Sparkassen Informatik GmbH & Co.KG
Wilhelm-Pfitzer-Straße 1
70736 Fellbach
Telefon: 0711/5722-2144
Telefax: 0711/5722-2147
Notes: Sascha Bräuning/6322/FE/SI/DE@Sparkassen-Informatik
E-Mail: Sascha.Braeuning AT Sparkassen-Informatik DOT de