ADSM-L

Re: AIX Question

2003-09-10 06:50:31
Subject: Re: AIX Question
From: "Crawford, Lindy" <lcrawford AT BOECORP.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:47:59 +0200
Hi TSMers,

Miles, the answer to your question is the same reason, that Rene has given,
it more for splitting traffic but in our case we have put the application
traffic on the normal 10/100mb card and the backup traffic on the gigabit
card.

Thanks again guys for all your answers, it has definately come in handy.

One last question, when I backup data on the gigabit card it backups up 1gb
per minute and my restores are 1gb per 5 minutes... do any of you guys have
an idea as to how I can improve the restore rate....Please note that we do
not have a san and this is why we have opted to go for the two lans......

Thanks again in advance for all your help.

Regards.

Lindy