ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.2.12 to 5.1.0.0 and over

2003-09-08 06:07:54
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.2.12 to 5.1.0.0 and over
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:07:30 +0200
Hi,

You dont have to use 5.1.0.0.
Instead, use 5.1.5.0 since it is a base level. And then upgrade to 5.1.6.x
or 5.1.7.x.

//Henrik

                    Remco Post
                    <r.post@sara.        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    nl>                  cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: TSM 4.2.2.12 to
5.1.0.0 and over
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    2003-09-08
                    10:21
                    Please
                    respond to
                    r.post

Farren Minns said:
> Hi TSMers
>
> Next week I am going to upgrade our 4.2.2.12 TSM installation (running
> on Solaris 2.7) to 5.1.6.2 (as I believe this is a good stable release
> to go to).
>
> Now, I understand that I'll have to uninstall the 4.2.2.12 install
> before installing 5.1.0.0. I then thought that the 5.1.6.2 patch would
> just install over the top, but from looking at the readme, it seems that
> I have to uninstall 5.1.0.0 first, and then install 5.1.6.2. Is this
> correct?

This is only true for windows servers, I think that on solaris, just like
on AIX, you can just upgrade the TSM server (pkgadd will then remove the
old version of the software for you in the preinstall script, but I think
it is a bit safer.)

> Also, do the steps 4.2.2.12 > 5.1.0.0 > 5.1.6.2 sound correct or are
> there other steps I should go to in between (or should I be aiming
> higher than 5.1.6.2)? I know that 5.2 is out of the question until I
> upgrade the server from Solaris 2.7 to 2.8, so that's a no no for now.

from 4.2.2.12 you go to 5.1.0.0, then 5.1.5.0 and then directly on to
5.1.6.2

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten           http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP keys at http://home.sara.nl/~remco/keys.asc

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams

this message.
Thank you.