ADSM-L

Re: ANS1357S, Downlevel client code version

2003-09-08 04:01:09
Subject: Re: ANS1357S, Downlevel client code version
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:00:42 +0200
Murkowski, Krzysztof said:
> Hi,
>
> I saw a lot of post asking about what to do with ANS1357S - Downlevel
> client code version,
> but dodn't find any solutions.
> We are using AIX clients 4.1.X and Win clients 5.1.X.
> One of the Win clients had the wrong AIX nodename in the config file for
> a while
> and changed the versions of the AIX client which is stored on the TSM
> server.
> When AIX client wants to establish a session with the server, operations
> stops with
> ANS1357S. Is there a possibility to fix it without of upgrading AIX
> client ? Rename of the client or update in the TSM db ?
>
> Kind regards,
> Krzysztof Murkowski
>
> --
> Krzysztof Murkowski
> PF3 - Informationssysteme
>
> VOLKSWAGEN Poznañ Sp.z o.o.
> ul. Warszawska 349
> 61-060 Poznañ
>
> Telefon + 48 (61) 8761 706
> Telefax + 48 (61) 8761 475
> mailto:krzysztof.murkowski AT vw-poznan DOT pl

Two possible solutions, I think.

One is to upgrade your aix client to the same level or above from the Win
client... 4.1 is not supported any more, so that might be a good idea
anyway.

The other is to remove the node and recreate it, or alternatively, rename
the node on the server and create a new node with the old name. Restoring
from the old node is a problem, but hej, you could allways do 1 on a
test-system if you are not allowed to upgrade production systems to
supported software by lawers who don't know shit about computers but do
make the rules.

So, no this is not possible without doing at least one of the things you
don't want to do....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten           http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP keys at http://home.sara.nl/~remco/keys.asc

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams