ADSM-L

TSM 4.2.2.12 to 5.1.0.0 and over

2003-09-05 09:18:18
Subject: TSM 4.2.2.12 to 5.1.0.0 and over
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:15:53 +0100
Hi TSMers

Next week I am going to upgrade our 4.2.2.12 TSM installation (running on
Solaris 2.7) to 5.1.6.2 (as I believe this is a good stable release to go
to).

Now, I understand that I'll have to uninstall the 4.2.2.12 install before
installing 5.1.0.0. I then thought that the 5.1.6.2 patch would just
install over the top, but from looking at the readme, it seems that I have
to uninstall 5.1.0.0 first, and then install 5.1.6.2. Is this correct?

Also, do the steps 4.2.2.12 > 5.1.0.0 > 5.1.6.2 sound correct or are there
other steps I should go to in between (or should I be aiming higher than
5.1.6.2)? I know that 5.2 is out of the question until I upgrade the server
from Solaris 2.7 to 2.8, so that's a no no for now.

I am also wondering if there are any people out there who know of any
specific patches that will be required to run 5.1 on Solaris 2.7. If so,
then I'd be very happy to know before doing the upgrade as sadly I don't
have another machine to test it on.

Anyway, any help very much appreciated.

Cheers

Farren Minns - John Wiley & Sons Ltd

This email transmission is confidential and intended for the person or
organisation it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information, open any
attachment, or take any action in reliance of it. If you have received this
message in error please notify the sender.

except where the sender specifically states otherwise.

Although this email has been scanned for viruses you should rely on your
own virus check, as the sender takes no responsibility for any damage
arising out of any bug or virus infection.