ADSM-L

Re: DSMFMT takes forever ( 15 hours). 100 gb

2003-09-05 08:51:49
Subject: Re: DSMFMT takes forever ( 15 hours). 100 gb
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 15:49:55 +0300
--> ... you have a filesystem of lvm blocksize smaller than the raid-strip size

I would rather say the write block size *must* be N times the raid-stripe
size for RAID-5! If the array in question is RAID-5 and lets assume 16 kB
stripe - neither 64 kB write-block (read-before-write) nor 128 kB block
(one full-write + one read-before-write) will provide optimal performance
on a typical DAS arrays.
Either good SAN array should be used or member set *must* be 2^n+1 (3,5,9)
disks.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>