ADSM-L

Re: TSM AND WINDOWS 2000 CLUSTER ISSUE

2003-09-04 15:51:35
Subject: Re: TSM AND WINDOWS 2000 CLUSTER ISSUE
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:30:35 -0500
From:   Mahesh Tailor [mailto:MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM]
>TSM Server is 5.1.6.4 on AIX 4.3.3.10.
TSM Client code is 5.1.5.9
I have a Windows 2000 SP4 Server and have configured TSM 5.1  for several
cluster nodes.  I have one node that will not recognize one of the physical
drives that is configured within that group.  I have edited the opt file,
reconfigured TSM on the local machine, removed and reinstalled the services for
the cluster node, and removed and recreated the node itself...I have rights to
the drive and don't have an issue accessing the drive. Has anyone had a similar
issue or have a resolution for this problem?<

Open the command-line client for the node in question. Run Q INCLEXCL. Is the
suspect drive listed as excluded?

Is the drive a quorum drive, or a local drive? If it is a local drive, is that
local drive defined for the Windows node (and TSM node) in question?

Did you closely follow the instructions for setting up the TSM client's
cluster-aware services? Is the problem present when you run a local backup, or
does it only exist for scheduled backups?